LTspice IV: Evaluating Electrical Quantities
Apr 19th 2012
Utilizing LTspice IV waveform viewer to analyze a circuit and perform basic measurements is very useful. However there are times where you need to evaluate a circuit with a numerical analysis. For these circumstances .MEASURE statements can be very powerful in evaluating user-defined electrical quantities. .MEASURE statements enable measurements like:
- Rise, Fall and Time Delay
- Average, RMS, min, max, and peak-to-peak
- Find X when Y occurs
- Derivative and Integral Evaluations
This video provides an introduction to using .MEASURE statement in performing numerical analysis of a circuit in LTspice IV.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
View More LTspice Solutions
View All - List View