- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4604A - Low Voltage, 4A DC/DC μModule Regulator with Tracking
- Complete Standalone Power Supply
- ±1.75% Total DC Output Error (–40°C to 125°C)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.375V to 5.5V
- 4A DC, 5A Peak Output Current
- 0.8V to 5V Output
- Output Voltage Tracking
- UltraFastTM Transient Response
- Power Good Indicator
- Current Mode Control
- Current Foldback Protection, Parallel/Current Sharing
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ ≤ 7μA
- Overtemperature Protection
- Small and Very Low Profile Package: 15mm × 9mm × 2.3mm LGA (0.630mm Pads)
DescriptionThe LTM4604A is a complete 4A switch mode DC/DC power supply with ±1.75% total output voltage error. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 2.375V to 5.5V, the LTM4604A supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 5V, set by a single resistor. This high efficiency design delivers up to 4A continuous current (5A peak). Only bulk output capacitors are needed to complete the design.
The 0.630mm LGA pads with 1.27mm pitch simplify PCB layout by providing standard trace routing and via placement. (The LTM4604A has smaller pads than the LTM4604.) The low profile package (2.3mm) enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include foldback current protection, thermal shutdown and a programmable soft-start function. The LTM4604A is offered in a small thermally enhanced 15mm × 9mm × 2.3mm LGA package and is Pb free and RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint which can be converted for use with most popular CAD tools. Download and install the free Ultra Librarian Reader (72Mb) to convert the .bxl file to the format appropriate for your CAD tool
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 9mm x 2.3mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1392A||LTM4604AEV Demoboard | Low Voltage, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Storage Cards
- ATCA Cards
- Industrial Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4601 - 12A uModule Regulator with PLL, Output Tracking and Margining
- LTM4619 - Dual, 26VIN, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4627 - 15A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4618 - 6A DC/DC uModule Regulator with Tracking and Frequency Synchronization
- LTM8033 - Ultralow Noise EMC 36VIN, 3A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM8023 - 2A, 36V DC/DC uModule
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV