- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4601HV - 12A 28VIN DC/DC µModule Regulator with PLL, Output Tracking and Margining
- Complete Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 28V
- 12A DC Typical, 14A Peak Output Current
- 0.6V to 5V Output Voltage
- Output Voltage Tracking and Margining
- Parallel Multiple µModule® Regulators for Current Sharing
- Differential Remote Sensing for Precision Regulation
- PLL Frequency Synchronization
- ±1.5% Regulation
- Current Foldback Protection (Disabled at Start-Up)
- RoHS Compliant with Pb-Free Finish,
- Gold Finish LGA (e4) or SAC 305 BGA (e1)
- Ultrafast Transient Response
- Current Mode Control
- Up to 95% Efficiency at 5VIN, 3.3VOUT
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Small Footprint, Low Profile
(15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) Surface Mount LGA and
(15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm) BGA Packages
The LTM4601HV is a complete 12A step-down switch mode DC/DC power supply with onboard switching controller, MOSFETs, inductor and all support components. The µModule regulator is housed in small surface mount 15mm × 15mm × 2.82mm LGA and 15mm × 15mm × 3.42mm BGA packages. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 28V, the LTM4601HV supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5V as well as output voltage tracking and margining. The high efficiency design delivers 12A continuous current (14A peak). Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed to complete the design.
The low profile and light weight package easily mounts in unused space on the back side of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. The µModule regulator can be synchronized with an external clock for reducing undesirable frequency harmonics and allows PolyPhase® operation for high load currents.
A high switching frequency and adaptive on-time current mode architecture deliver a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. An onboard differential remote sense amplifier can be used to accurately regulate an output voltage independent of load current.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint which can be converted for use with most popular CAD tools. Download and install the free Ultra Librarian Reader (72Mb) to convert the .bxl file to the format appropriate for your CAD tool
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 15mm x 2.8mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1041A-B||LTM4601HV Demo Board | 28VIN, 12A Step-Down uModule Regulator||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4601 - 12A uModule Regulator with PLL, Output Tracking and Margining
- LTM4627 - 15A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4609 - 36VIN, 34VOUT High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC uModule
- LTM4613 - EN55022B Compliant 36VIN, 15VOUT, 8A, DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM4600 - 10A High Efficiency DC/DC uModule
- LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down uModule Regulator
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV