LTC6991 - TimerBlox: Resettable, Low Frequency Oscillator
- Period Range: 1ms to 9.5 Hours
- Configured with 1 to 3 Resistors
- <1.5% Maximum Frequency Error
- Output Reset Function
- 2.25V to 5.5V Single Supply Operation
- 55μA to 80μA Supply Current 2ms to 9.5hr Clock Period)
- 500μs Start-Up Time
- CMOS Output Driver Sources/Sinks 20mA
- –55°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Available in Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 (ThinSOT™) and 2mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC®6991 is a silicon oscillator with a programmable period range of 1.024ms to 9.54 hours (29.1μHz to 977Hz), specifically intended for long duration timing events. The LTC6991 is part of the TimerBlox® family of versatile silicon timing devices.
A single resistor, RSET , programs the LTC6991’s internal master oscillator frequency. The output clock period is determined by this master oscillator and an internal frequency divider, NDIV , programmable to eight settings from 1 to 221.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1562A-B||LTC6991: 1Hz (1s) Fixed Frequency||$25.00|
- “Heartbeat” Timers
- Watchdog Timers
- Periodic “Wake-Up” Call
- High Vibration, High Acceleration Environments
- Portable and Battery-Powered Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC6993 - TimerBlox: Monostable Pulse Generator (One Shot)
- LTC6990 - TimerBlox: Voltage Controlled Silicon Oscillator
- LTC6994 - TimerBlox: Delay Block/ Debouncer
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LTC2955 - Pushbutton On/Off Controller with Automatic Turn-On
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC1799 - 1kHz to 33MHz Resistor Set SOT-23 Oscillator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV
TimerBlox Designer is an Excel based selection and synthesis tool that allows you to choose and configure the TimerBlox part best suited for your application.
- Download and open TimerBlox Designer
- Enable Macros
- Choose the appropriate timing function and parameters