LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 5.7GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- Low Noise Integer-N PLL with Integrated VCO
- –226dBc/Hz Normalized In-Band Phase Noise Floor
- –274dBc/Hz Normalized In-Band 1/f Noise
- –157dBc/Hz Wideband Output Phase Noise Floor
- Excellent Spurious Performance
- Output Divider (1 to 6, 50% Duty Cycle)
- Output Buffer Muting
- Low Noise Reference Buffer
- Charge Pump Current Adjustable from 250μA to 11.2mA
- Configurable Status Output
- SPI Compatible Serial Port Control
- PLLWizard™ Software Design Tool Support
The LTC®6946 is a high performance, low noise, 5.7GHz phase-locked loop (PLL) with a fully integrated VCO, including a reference divider, phase-frequency detector (PFD) with phase-lock indicator, ultralow noise charge pump, integer feedback divider, and VCO output divider. The charge pump contains selectable high and low voltage clamps useful for VCO monitoring.
The integrated low noise VCO uses no external components. It is internally calibrated to the correct output frequency with no external system support.
The part features a buffered, programmable VCO output divider with a range of 1 through 6, providing a wide frequency range.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1705A-B||LTC6946-2 Demo | Ultralow Noise and Spurious 513MHz to 4.91GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO (Req DC590)||$125.00|
|DC1705B-A||LTC6946-1 Demo | Ultralow Noise and Spurious 373MHz to 3.74GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO (Req DC590)||$125.00|
|DC1705B-C||LTC6946-3 Demo | Ultralow Noise and Spurious 640MHz to 5.79GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO (Req DC590)||$125.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Wireless Base Stations (LTE, WiMAX, W-CDMA, PCS)
- Broadband Wireless Access
- Military and Secure Radio
- Test and Measurement
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6945 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.35GHz to 6GHz Integer-N Synthesizer
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC5585 - Wideband IQ Demodulator with IIP2 and DC Offset Control
- LT5560 - 0.01MHz to 4GHz Low Power Active Mixer
- LTC5567 - 300MHz to 4GHz Active Downconverting Mixer with Wideband IF
- LTC5584 - 30MHz to 1.4GHz IQ Demodulator with IIP2 and DC Offset Control
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Linear Technology PLLWizard is used to communicate with the LTC6945 and LTC6946 synthesizers. It uses the DC590 controller to translate between USB and SPI-compatible serial communications formats. It also includes advanced PLL design and simulation capabilities. You may use it to:
- Recommend part parameters based on your frequency plan
- Design noise-optimized loop filters
- Simulate loop frequency response and stability
- Simulate VCO and Reference source noise
- Simulate output noise characterisics and statistics