LTC4354 - Negative Voltage Diode-OR Controller and Monitor
- Controls N-Channel MOSFETs
- Replaces Power Schottky Diodes
- Less Than 1µs Turn-off Time Limits Peak Fault Current
- 80V Operation
- Smooth Switchover Without Oscillation
- No Reverse DC Current
- Fault Output
- Selectable Fault Thresholds
- Available in 8-Pin (3mm × 2mm) DFN and 8-Pin SO Packages
The LTC4354 is a negative voltage diode-OR controller that drives two external N-channel MOSFETs. It replaces two Schottky diodes and the associated heatsink, saving power and area. The power dissipation is greatly reduced by using N-channel MOSFETs as the pass transistors. Power sources can easily be ORed together to increase total system power and reliability.
When first powered up, the MOSFET body diode conducts the load current until the pass transistor is turned on. The LTC4354 servos the voltage drop across the pass transistors to ensure smooth transfer of current from one transistor to the other without oscillation.
The MOSFETs are turned off in less than 1µs whenever the corresponding power source fails or is shorted. Fast turnoff prevents the reverse current from reaching a level that could damage the pass transistors.
A fault detection circuit with an open drain output capable of driving an LED or opto-coupler indicates either MOSFET short, MOSFET open or supply failed.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC852A||LTC4354 Negative Voltage Diode-OR Controller and Monitor||$50.00|
- AdvancedTCA Systems
- –48V Distributed Power Systems
- Computer Systems/Servers
- Telecom Infrastructure
- Optical Networks
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4355 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode-OR with Input Supply and Fuse Monitors
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4358 - 5A Ideal Diode
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV