LTC4300A-1 - Hot Swappable 2-Wire Bus Buffers
- Bidirectional Buffer for SDA and SCL Lines Increases Fanout
- Prevents SDA and SCL Corruption During Live Board Insertion and Removal from Backplane
- Isolates Input SDA and SCL Lines from Output
- Compatible with I²C™, I²C Fast Mode and SMBus Standards
(Up to 400kHz Operation)
- Small MSOP 8-Pin Package
- Low ICC Chip Disable: <1µA
- READY Open Drain Output
- 1V Precharge on all SDA and SCL Lines
- Supports Clock Stretching,
Arbitration and Synchronization
- 5V to 3.3V Level Translation
- High Impedance SDA, SCL Pins
for VCC = 0V
The LTC®4300A series hot swappable 2-wire bus buffers allow I/O card insertion into a live backplane without corruption of the data and clock busses. When the connection is made, the LTC4300A-1/LTC4300A-2 provide bidirectional buffering, keeping the backplane and card capacitances isolated. Rise-time accelerator circuitry* allows the use of weaker DC pull-up currents while still meeting rise-time requirements. During insertion, the SDA and SCL lines are precharged to 1V to minimize bus disturbances.
The LTC4300A-1 incorporates a CMOS threshold digital ENABLE input pin, which forces the part into a low current mode when driven to ground and sets normal operation when driven to VCC. It also includes an open drain READY output pin, which indicates that the backplane and card sides are connected together. The LTC4300A-2 replaces the ENABLE pin with a dedicated supply voltage pin, VCC2, for the card side, providing level shifting between 3.3V and 5V systems. Both the backplane and card may be powered with supply voltages ranging from 2.7V to 5.5V, with no contraints on which supply voltage is higher. The LTC4300A-2 also replaces the READY pin with a digital CMOS input pin, ACC, which enables and disables the rise-time accelerator currents.
The LTC4300A is available in a small 8-pin MSOP package.
*U.S. Patent No. 6,650,174
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Hot Board Insertion
- Capacitance Buffer/Bus Extender
- Desktop Computer
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4300-1/LTC4300-2 - Hot Swappable 2-Wire Bus Buffers
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTC4313 - 2-Wire Bus Buffers with High Noise Margin
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4315 - 2-Wire Bus Buffer with High Noise Margin
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV