LTC4156 - Dual-Input Power Manager/ 3.5A LiFePO4 Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- High Efficiency Charger Capable of 3.5A Charge Current
- Charge Control Algorithm Specifically Designed for LiFePO4 Batteries (Lithium Iron Phosphate)
- Monolithic Switching Regulator Makes Optimal Use of Limited Power and Thermal Budget
- Dual Input Overvoltage Protection Controller
- Priority Multiplexing for Multiple Inputs
- I2C/SMBus Control and Status Feedback
- NTC Thermistor ADC for Temperature Dependent Charge Algorithms (JEITA)
- Instant-On Operation with Low Battery
- Battery Ideal Diode Controller for Power Management
- USB On-The-Go Power Delivery to the USB Port
- Four Float Voltage Settings (3.45V, 3.55V, 3.6V, 3.8V)
- 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC®4156 is a 15 watt I2C controlled power manager with PowerPath™ instant-on operation, high efficiency switching battery charging and USB compatibility. The LTC4156 seamlessly manages power distribution from two 5V sources, such as a USB port and a wall adapter, to a single-cell rechargeable lithium iron phosphate battery and a system load.
The LTC4156’s switching battery charger automatically limits its input current for USB compatibility, or may draw up to 3A from a high power wall adapter. The high efficiency step-down switching charger is designed to provide maximum power to the application and reduced heat in high power density applications.
I2C adjustability of input current, charge current, battery float voltage, charge termination, and many other parameters allows maximum flexibility. I2C status reporting of key system and charge parameters facilitates intelligent control decisions. USB On-The-Go support provides 5V power back to the USB port without any additional components. A dual-input, priority multiplexing, overvoltage protection circuit guards the LTC4156 from high voltage damage on the VBUS pin.
The LTC4156 is available in the low profile (0.75mm) 28-lead 4mm × 5mm QFN surface mount package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1674A-B||LTC4156EUFD Demo Board I VIN = 4.35V to 5.5V, VOUT = 4.5V @ 3.5A; DC590B Demo Board is required||$150.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Portable Medical Devices
- Portable Industrial Devices
- Backup Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTC4155 - Dual Input Power Manager/ 3.5A Li-Ion Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.