LTC4062 - Standalone Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger with Micropower Comparator
- Charge Current Programmable up to 1A
- Charges Single Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Preset Float Voltage with ±0.35% Accuracy
- Micropower Comparator for Battery Monitoring
- Thermal Regulation Maximizes Charge Rate Without Risk of Overheating*
- Programmable Charge Current Detection/Termination
- Programmable Charge Termination Timer
- Smart Pulsing Error Feature
- SmartStartTM Prolongs Battery Life
- 20µA Charger Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Available in a Low Profile (0.75mm) 10-Lead
(3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC4062 is a full-featured, flexible, standalone linear charger for single-cell Lithium-Ion batteries. It is capable of operating within USB power specifications.
Both programmable time and programmable current based termination schemes are available. Furthermore, the CHRG open-drain status pin can be programmed to indicate the battery charge state according to the needs of the application. A precise low power comparator is available even with no power applied as long as battery voltage is higher than 2.5V. Additional safety features designed to maximize battery lifetime and reliability include the SmartStart charging algorithm.
No external sense resistor or external blocking diode is required for charging due to the internal MOSFET architecture. Internal thermal feedback regulates the charge current to maintain a constant die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature conditions. The charge current is programmed with an external resistor. With power applied, the LTC4062 can be put into shutdown mode to reduce the supply current to 20µA and the battery drain current to less than 5µA. Without power applied, the internal low power comparator can work sinking only 10µA from the battery.
Other features include smart recharge, USB C/5 current programming input and undervoltage lockout.
*Protected by U.S. Patents, including 6522118.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC789A||LTC4062EDD | Single Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger With Comparator, +Vin = 4.3V-8V, Bat = 4.2V@0.5A/1A||$75.00|
- Handheld Computers
- Portable MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4054-4.2 - Standalone Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation in ThinSOT
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC1731-4.X - Single Cell Lithium-Ion Linear Battery Charger Controllers
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT1510 - Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Battery Charger
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTC1734 - Lithium-Ion Linear Battery Charger in ThinSOT
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: