LTC3883/LTC3883-1- Single Phase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
– Telemetry Read-Back Includes VIN, IIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature and Faults
– Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV/OC and Frequency Synchronization (250kHz to 1MHz)
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy over Temperature
- Integrated 16-Bit ADC and 12-Bit DAC
- Integrated High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- Internal EEPROM and Fault Logging
- Integrated N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 24V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to 5.4V
- Analog Current Mode Control Loop
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing for Up to 6 Phases
- Auto Calibration of Inductor DCR
- Available in a 32-Lead (5mm × 5mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3883/LTC3883-1 are PolyPhase capable DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controllers with a PMBus compliant serial interface. The controllers use a constant frequency, current mode architecture that is supported by the LTPowerPlay™ software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
Switching frequency, output voltage, and device address can be programmed using external configuration resistors. Additionally, parameters can be set via the digital interface or stored in on-chip EEPROM.
The LTC3883/LTC3883-1 can be configured for Burst Mode® operation, discontinuous (pulse-skipping) mode or continuous inductor current mode. The LTC3883 incorporates an internal 5V linear regulator while the LTC3883-1 uses an external 5V supply for minimum power loss.
The LTC3883/LTC3883-1 are available in a 32-lead 5mm × 5mm QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1778A-A||LTC3883EUH Demo Board | 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 24V; 0.5V ≤ VOUT ≤ 5V @ 20A, with RSENSE Current Sense.||$175.00|
|DC1778A-B||LTC3883EUH Demo Board | 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 24V; 0.5V ≤ VOUT ≤ 5V @ 20A, with DCR Current Sense.||$175.00|
|DC2052A||LTC3880EUJ/LTC3883EUH, 3-Phase Demo Board, Vin Range: 6.5V to 14V, Vout Range: 0.5V to 1.8V @ 60A, PMBus Controlled, works w/ DC1613 Dongle.||$250.00|
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTpowerPlay is a powerful development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products, providing unprecedented diagnostic and debug features.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: