LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- Order Custom Programmed Parts
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
– Telemetry Read Back includes VIN, IIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature and Faults
– Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV and Frequency Synchronization (250kHz to 1MHz)
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy over Temperature
- Integrated 16-Bit ADC
- Internal EEPROM and Fault Logging
- Integrated Powerful N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- LTpowerPlay Configuration and Development Tool
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 24V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to 5.4V (4V on VOUT0)
- Analog Current Mode Control Loop
- Supports Power-Up Into Pre-Biased Load
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing for Up to 6 Phases
- Available in a 40-Pin (6mm × 6mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3880/LTC3880-1 are dual, PolyPhase DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controllers with an I2C-based PMBus compliant serial interface. The controllers use a constant frequency, current mode architecture that is supported by LTpowerPlay™ software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
Switching frequency, output voltage, and device address can be programmed using external configuration resistors. Additionally, parameters can be set via the digital interface or stored in EEPROM. Voltage, current, internal/external temperature and fault status can be read back through the bus interface.
The LTC3880/LTC3880-1 can be configured for Burst Mode® operation, discontinuous (pulse-skipping) mode or continuous inductor current mode. The LTC3880 incorporates a 5V linear regulator while the LTC3880-1 uses an external 5V supply for minimum power loss.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1590B-A||LTC3880EUJ Demo Board (RSENSE) I Vin Range: 6.5V to 24V, VOUT0 = 0.5V to 4V @ 20A, VOUT1 = 0.5V to 5V @ 20A, PMBus Controlled, works w/ DC1613A.||$200.00|
|DC1590B-B||LTC3880EUJ Demo Board (DCR) I Vin Range: 6.5V to 24V, VOUT0 = 0.5V to 4V @ 20A, VOUT1 = 0.5V to 5V @ 20A, PMBus Controlled, works w/ DC1613A.||$200.00|
|DC1709A||LTC3880/-1 Demo Board I Programming Clamshell Socketed Demo Board.||$125.00|
|DC1740A-A||LTC3880EUJ Demo Board | 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT0: 0.5V to 4.1V @ 80A, PMBus Controlled, works w/ DC1613.||$250.00|
|DC1740A-B||LTC3880EUJ Demo Board | 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT0: 0.5V to 4.1V @ 20A, VOUT1: 0.5V to 4.1V @ 60A, PMBus Controlled, works w/ DC1613.||$250.00|
|DC1753A-A||LTC3880EUJ Demo Board | Dual Phase Single Output, RSENSE, PSM, 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 24V, Vout = 0.5V to 3.3V @ 40A.||$200.00|
|DC1753A-B||LTC3880EUJ Demo Board | Dual Phase Single Output, PSM, 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 24V, Vout = 0.5V to 3.3V @ 40A, with DCR Current Sense.||$200.00|
|DC1962C||Power System Management Demo Board (PowerStick): 14-Supply Management with LTC2977, LTC2974 & LTC3880 [Requires DC1613].||$95.00|
|DC1962C-KIT||Starter Kit for Power System Management [Includes DC1962C, DC1613A].||$125.00|
|DC2052A||LTC3880EUJ/LTC3883EUH, 3-Phase Demo Board, Vin Range: 6.5V to 14V, Vout Range: 0.5V to 1.8V @ 60A, PMBus Controlled, works w/ DC1613 Dongle.||$250.00|
|DC2088A||LTC3880EUJ Demo Board | 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT Range: 0.8V to 1.8V @ Up to 50A.||$250.00|
|DC2089A-A||LTC3880EUJ/LTC3870EUFD RSENSE Demo Board | 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT = 0.8V to 1.8V @ 80A.||Contact Factory|
|DC2089A-B||LTC3880EUJ/LTC3870EUFD DCR SENSE Demo Board | 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT = 0.8V to 1.8V @ 80A.||Contact Factory|
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom, Datacom and Storage Systems
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- LTC3883/LTC3883-1- Single Phase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTpowerPlay is a powerful development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products, providing unprecedented diagnostic and debug features.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
LTpowerPlay is the FREE Graphical User Interface (GUI) software provided by Linear Technology for use with our family of digital power products. LTpowerPlay provides unprecedented diagnostic and debug features. It becomes a valuable diagnostic tool during board bring-up to program or tweak the power management scheme in a system or to diagnose power issues when bringing up rails.
- Download LTpowerPlay software
- When LTpowerPlay launches the first time, it will prompt you to request a license, click 'Request a License Key...', enter the required information, then click 'Send License Request'
- Once you have entered the registration information, you will receive an email with your license file and instructions for installing it
- For further information, please visit www.linear.com/ltpowerplay
- Access technical support documents for LTC Digital Power Products by visiting www.ltpowerplay.com/help