LTC3858-1 - Low IQ, Dual 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- Low Operating IQ: 170μA (One Channel On)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 24V
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 38V
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz-850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz-900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Output Latch-Off Protection During Short Circuit
- Low Shutdown IQ: 8μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or EXTVCC
- No Current Foldback During Start-Up
- Tiny 4mm × 5mm QFN and Narrow SSOP Packages
The LTC3858-1 is a high performance dual step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850kHz. Power loss and noise due to the input capacitor ESR are minimized by operating the two controller outputs out of phase.
The 170μA no-load quiescent current extends operating life in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3858-1 features a precision 0.8V reference and a power good output indicator. A wide 4V to 38V input supply range encompasses a wide range of intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries.
Independent soft-start pins for each controller ramp the output voltages during start-up. The output latch-off feature protects the circuit in short-circuit conditions.
For a leadless 32-pin QFN package with the additional features of adjustable current limit, clock out, phase modulation and two PGOOD outputs, see the LTC3858 data sheet.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1352A-B||LTC3858EGN-1 Demo Board | Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Controller||$175.00|
- Automotive Systems
- Battery Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3855 - Dual, Multiphase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTC3878 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3857 - Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3851A - Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3890-1 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3775 - High Frequency Synchronous Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller
- LTC3858-2 - Low IQ, Dual 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV