LTC3852 - Low Input Voltage, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- Charge Pump Input Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Controller Input Range: 4V to 38V
- Integrated Charge Pump Provides 5V Gate Drive to Logic Level MOSFETs
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- ±1.25% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency: 250kHz to 750kHz
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Adjustable Soft-Start Voltage Ramping
- Current Foldback Disabled During Start-Up
- No Reverse Current During Soft-Start
- Selectable Constant Frequency, Pulse-Skipping, or Burst Mode Operation
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Available in a 24-Lead (3mm x 5mm) QFN Package
The LTC3852 is a constant frequency, current mode step-down DC/DC controller which can be powered by an onboard charge pump. Input supplies as low as 2.7V, when doubled by the charge pump, provide 5V to the LTC3852’s control logic and gate drives, supporting a wide selection of logic-level N-channel power MOSFETs.
The constant-frequency current mode architecture allows for a phase-lockable fixed frequency of up to 750kHz. The RUN pin provides a precision enable threshold while the TRACK/SS pin combines tracking and adjustable soft-start features.
The MODE/PLLIN pin selects among Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode, and continuous current mode. Current foldback limits MOSFET power dissipation during short-circuit conditions. Reverse current and current foldback functions are disabled during soft-start. A power good output pin indicates when the output is within ±10% of its designed set point.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1270A||LTC3852EUDD Demo Board u 2.7V VIN 5.5V, VOUT = 1.5V @ 15A||Contact Factory|
- General Purpose 3.3V Systems
- Lithium-Ion Powered Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LTC3833 - Fast Accurate Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Differential Output Sensing
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LTC3866 - Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub Milliohm DCR Sensing
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3740 - Wide Operating Range, Valley Mode, No RSENSE Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTC3878 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3851A - Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV