LTC3835 - Low IQ Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 10V
- Low Operating Quiescent Current: 80μA
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- 1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V Operation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 140kHz to 650kHz
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Output Current Foldback Limiting
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Clock Output for PolyPhase® Applications
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: 10μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or VOUT
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Small 20-Lead TSSOP or 4mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC3835 is a high performance step-down switching regulator controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage. A constant-frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 650kHz.
The 80μA no-load quiescent current extends operating life in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3835 features a precision 0.8V reference and a power good output indicator. The 4V to 36V input supply range encompasses a wide range of battery chemistries.
The TRACK/SS pin ramps the output voltage during startup. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC965A||LTC3835EGN | Low Iq, 36Vin Synchronous Step-Down C||$125.00|
|DC967B||LTC3835EFE Demo Board | Low Iq, Synchronous Step-D||Contact Factory|
- Automotive Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3835-1 - Low IQ Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LTC3878 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3866 - Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub Milliohm DCR Sensing
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV