LTC3736-1 - Dual 2-Phase, No RSENSE Synchronous Controller with Spread Spectrum
- Spread Spectrum Operation
- Tracking Function
- No Current Sense Resistors Required
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required
- Input Capacitance
- Wide VIN Range: 2.75V to 9.8V
- Current Mode Operation
- 0.6V ±1.5% Voltage Reference
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Pulse Skipping Operation at Light Loads
- Internal Soft-Start Circuitry
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 9µA
- Tiny Low Profile (4mm × 4mm) QFN and Narrow SSOP Packages
The LTC3736-1 is a 2-phase dual synchronous stepdown switching regulator controller with tracking that drives external complementary power MOSFETs using few external components. The constant frequency current mode architecture with MOSFET VDS sensing eliminates the need for sense resistors and improves efficiency. Power loss and noise due to the ESR of the input capacitance are minimized by operating the two controllers out of phase.
A unique spread spectrum architecture randomly varies the LTC3736-1’s switching frequency from 450kHz to 580kHz, significantly reducing the peak radiated and conducted noise on both the input and output supplies, making it easier to comply with electromagnetic interference (EMI) standards.
Pulse skipping operation provides high efficiency at light loads. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, extending operating time in battery-powered systems. The high switching frequencies allow for the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors.
The LTC3736-1 is available in the low profile (0.75mm) 24-pin thermally enhanced (4mm × 4mm) QFN package and 24-lead narrow SSOP packages.
No RSENSE is a trademark of Linear Technology Corporation. Protected by U.S. Patents including 5481178, 5929620, 6144194, 6580258, 6304066, 6611131, 6498466.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC803A||LTC3736EUF-1 | 2-Phase Dual Synchronous Step-Down Converter with Spread Spectrum and Output Tracking, Vin = 2.75V - 8V, Vout1 = 2.5V (5A at 5Vin), Vout2 = 1.8V (5A at 5Vin)||$150.00|
- One or Two Lithium-Ion Powered Devices
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Portable Instruments
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3614 - 4A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LT3742 - Dual, 2-Phase Step-Down Switching Controller
- LTC3776 - Dual 2-Phase, No RSENSE Synchronous Controller for DDR/QDR Memory Termination
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTM4619 - Dual, 26VIN, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4614 - Dual 4A per Channel Low VIN DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTM4609 - 36VIN, 34VOUT High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC uModule
- LTC3809-1 - No Rsense, Low Input Voltage, Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Output Tracking
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV