LTC3565 - 1.25A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- VIN Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- High Frequency Operation: Up to 4MHz
- Selectable Low Ripple (Typical 25mVp-p) Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 40μA
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Uses Tiny Capacitors and Inductor
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Switches: 0.15Ω
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ ≤ 1μA
- Output Voltages from 0.6V to 5V
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- Supports Pre-Biased Outputs
- Small 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN or MSOP Package
The LTC3565 is a constant frequency, synchronous step-down DC/DC converter. Intended for medium power applications, it operates from a 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range and has a user-configurable operating frequency up to 4MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 1mm or less in height. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.6V to 5.5V. Internal synchronous power switches provide high efficiency. The LTC3565’s current mode architecture and external compensation allow the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of loads and output capacitors.
The LTC3565 can be configured for automatic power saving Burst Mode operation (IQ = 40μA) to reduce gate charge losses when the load current drops below the level required for continuous operation. For reduced noise and RF interference, the SYNC/MODE pin can be configured to skip pulses or provide forced continuous operation.
To further maximize battery life, the P-channel MOSFET is turned on continuously in dropout (100% duty cycle). In shutdown, the device draws <1μA.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1159A||LTC3565EDD Demo Board | 1.25A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter||$100.00|
- Notebook Computers
- Digital Cameras
- Cellular Phones
- Handheld Instruments
- Board Mounted Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3682 - 1A Micropower Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LTC3411A - 1.25A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3564 - 2.25MHz, 1.25A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LTC3561A - 1A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT3680 - 36V, 3.5A, 2.4MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 75µA Quiescent Current
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV