LTC3560 - 2.25MHz, 800mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Low Output Ripple (<20mVP-P): Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 16µA
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws < 1µA Supply Current
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC3560 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. Supply current during operation is only 16µA, dropping to <1µA in shutdown. The 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3560 ideally suited for single Li-Ion/Li-Polymer battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems.
Switching frequency is internally set at 2.25MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. For noise sensitive applications the LTC3560 can be externally synchronized from 1MHz to 3MHz. Burst Mode operation is inhibited during synchronization or when the SYNC/MODE pin is pulled high, preventing low frequency ripple from interfering with audio circuitry.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3560 is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1025A||LTC3560ES6 Demo Board||$75.00|
- Cellular Telephones
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- Media Players
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3564 - 2.25MHz, 1.25A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3565 - 1.25A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3600 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Rail-to-Rail Single Resistor Step-Down Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV