LTC3548 - Dual Synchronous, 400mA/800mA, 2.25MHz Step-Down DC/DC Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 40μA
- Low Output Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- High Switch Current: 0.7A and 1.2A
- No Schottky Diodes Required
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Switches: 0.35Ω
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Ultralow Shutdown Current: IQ < 1μA
- Output Voltages from 5V down to 0.6V
- Power-On Reset Output
- Externally Synchronizable Oscillator
- Small Thermally Enhanced MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
DescriptionThe LTC®3548 is a dual, constant frequency, synchronous step down DC/DC converter. Intended for low power applications, it operates from 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range and has a constant 2.25MHz switching frequency, allowing the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors with a profile ≤1mm. Each output voltage is adjustable from 0.6V to 5V. Internal synchronous 0.35Ω, 0.7A/1.2A power switches provide high efficiency without the need for external Schottky diodes.
A user selectable mode input is provided to allow the user to trade-off noise ripple for low power efficiency. Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency at light loads, while Pulse-Skipping Mode provides low noise ripple at light loads.
To further maximize battery runtime, the P-channel MOSFETs are turned on continuously in dropout (100% duty cycle), and both channels draw a total quiescent current of only 40μA. In shutdown, the device draws <1μA.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC822A||LTC3548EDD | Dual Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter, 2.5V to 5.5Vin, 1.2/1.5/1.8Vout1@800mA, 2.5Vout2@400mA||Contact Factory|
- PDAs/Palmtop PCs
- Digital Cameras
- Cellular Phones
- Portable Media Players
- PC Cards
- Wireless and DSL Modems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3579 - 6A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV