LTC3100 - 1.5MHz Synchronous Dual Channel DC/DC Converter and 100mA LDO
- Extremely Compact Triple-Rail Solution
- Burst Mode® Operation, IQ = 15μA
- 1.5MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Power Good Indicators
- 700mA Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC
0.65V to 5V VIN Range
1.5V to 5.25V VOUT Range
94% Peak Efficiency
VIN > VOUT Operation
- 250mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC
1.8V to 5.5V VIN Range
0.6V to 5.5V VOUT Range
- LDO (VIN Internally Tied to VBST)
0.6V to 5.25V VOUT Range
200mV Dropout Voltage at 100mA
- Available in a 16-Lead 3mm × 3mm QFN Package
The LTC®3100 combines a high efficiency 700mA synchronous step-up converter, a 250mA synchronous stepdown converter and a 100mA LDO regulator. The LTC3100 features a wide input voltage range of 0.65V to 5V. The step-down converter can be powered by the output of the step-up converter or from a separate power source between 1.8V and 5.5V. The LDO can also be used as a sequencing switch on the output of the boost.
A switching frequency of 1.5MHz minimizes solution footprint by allowing the use of tiny, low profile inductors and ceramic capacitors. The switching regulators use current mode control and are internally compensated, reducing external parts count. Each converter automatically transitions to Burst Mode operation to maintain high efficiency over the full load range. Burst Mode operation can be disabled for low noise applications. The integrated LDO provides a third low noise, low dropout supply.
Anti-ringing circuitry reduces EMI by damping the boost inductor in discontinuous mode. Additional features include shutdown current of under 1μA and overtemperature shutdown. The LTC3100 is housed in a 16-lead 3mm × 3mm 0.75mm QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1326A||LTC3100EUD Demo Board | 1.5MHz Synchronous Dual Channel DC/DC Converter and 100mA LDO||$100.00|
- Bar Code Readers
- Medical Instruments
- Low Power Portable Electronic Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3549 - 250mA Low VIN Buck Regulator in 2mm x 3mm DFN
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: