LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- Order Custom Programmed Parts
- Sequence, Trim, Margin and Supervise Four Power Supplies
- Manage Faults, Monitor Telemetry and Create Fault Logs
- PMBus Compliant Command Set
- Supported by LTpowerPlayTM GUI
- Margin or Trim Supplies to 0.25% Accuracy
- Fast OV/UV Supervisors Per Channel
- Fast Output Current Supervisors Per Channel
- Coordinate Sequencing and Fault Management Across Multiple Chips
- Automatic Fault Logging to Internal EEPROM
- Operate Autonomously without Additional Software
- External Temperature and Input Voltage Supervisors
- Accurate Monitoring of Four Output Voltages, Four Output Currents, Four External Temperatures, Input Voltage and Internal Die Temperature
- I2C/SMBus Serial Interface
- Can Be Powered from 3.3V, or 4.5V to 15V
- Available in 64-Lead 9mm × 9mm QFN Package
- LTpowerPlay Configuration and Development Tool
DescriptionThe LTC®2974 is a 4-channel Power System Manager used to sequence, trim (servo), margin, supervise, manage faults, provide telemetry and create fault logs. PMBus commands support power supply sequencing, precision point-of-load voltage adjustment and margining. DACs use a proprietary soft-connect algorithm to minimize supply disturbances. Supervisory functions include over and under current, voltage and temperature threshold limits for four power supply output channels as well as over and under voltage threshold limits for a single power supply input channel. Programmable fault responses can disable the power supplies with optional retry after a fault is detected. Faults that disable a power supply can automatically trigger black box EEPROM storage of fault status and associated telemetry. An internal 16-bit ADC monitors four output voltages, four output currents, four external temperatures, one input voltage and die temperature. Output power is also calculated. A programmable watchdog timer monitors microprocessor activity for a stalled condition and resets the microprocessor if necessary. A single wire bus synchronizes power supplies across multiple LTC power system management devices. Configuration EEPROM supports autonomous operation without additional software.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1508B-B||LTC2974, LTC2975 Socketed Programming Board [requires DC1613].||$95.00|
|DC1962C||Power System Management Demo Board (PowerStick): 14-Supply Management with LTC2977, LTC2974 & LTC3880 [Requires DC1613].||$95.00|
|DC1962C-KIT||Starter Kit for Power System Management [Includes DC1962C, DC1613A].||$125.00|
|DC1978A||LTC2974 Demoboard Kit (includes DC1809 + DC1810), requires DC1613.||$200.00|
- Computers and Network Servers
- Industrial Test and Measurement
- High Reliability Systems
- Medical Imaging
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC2977 - 8-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Voltage Measurement
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC2978 - Octal Digital Power Supply Manager with EEPROM
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3883/LTC3883-1- Single Phase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTpowerPlay is a powerful development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products, providing unprecedented diagnostic and debug features.
LTpowerPlay is the FREE Graphical User Interface (GUI) software provided by Linear Technology for use with our family of digital power products. LTpowerPlay provides unprecedented diagnostic and debug features. It becomes a valuable diagnostic tool during board bring-up to program or tweak the power management scheme in a system or to diagnose power issues when bringing up rails.
- Download LTpowerPlay software
- When LTpowerPlay launches the first time, it will prompt you to request a license, click 'Request a License Key...', enter the required information, then click 'Send License Request'
- Once you have entered the registration information, you will receive an email with your license file and instructions for installing it
- For further information, please visit www.linear.com/ltpowerplay
- Access technical support documents for LTC Digital Power Products by visiting www.ltpowerplay.com/help