LTC1778 - Wide Operating Range, No RSENSE Step-Down Controller
- No Sense Resistor Required
- True Current Mode Control
- Optimized for High Step-Down Ratios
- tON(MIN) <=100ns
- Extremely Fast Transient Response
- Stable with Ceramic COUT
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor (LTC1778)
- Adjustable On-Time (LTC1778-1)
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V
- ±1% 0.8V Voltage Reference
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Optional Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ <30µA
- Available in a 16-Pin Narrow SSOP Package
The LTC1778 is a synchronous stepdown switching regulator controller optimized for CPU power. The controller uses a valley current control architecture to deliver very low duty cycles with excellent transient response without requiring a sense resistor. Operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN.
Discontinuous mode operation provides high efficiency operation at light loads. A forced continuous control pin reduces noise and RF interference, and can assist secondary winding regulation by disabling discontinuous operation when the main output is lightly loaded.
Fault protection is provided by internal foldback current limiting, an output overvoltage comparator and optional short-circuit shutdown timer. Soft-start capability for supply sequencing is accomplished using an external timing capacitor. The regulator current limit level is user programmable. Wide supply range allows operation from 4V to 36V at the input and from 0.8V up to (0.9)VIN at the output.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC378A||LTC1778EGN | No Rsense Wide Operating Range DC/DC||$125.00|
|DC385A||LTC1778EGN | IMVPII I/O Power Supply, Vin=5V-25V,||$125.00|
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV