LTC1655 - 16-Bit Rail-to-Rail Micropower DACs in SO-8 Package
- 16-Bit Monotonicity Over Temperature
- Deglitched Rail-to-Rail Voltage Output
- SO-8 Package
- ICC(TYP): 600µA
- Internal Reference: 2.048V (LTC1655)
- Maximum DNL Error: ±1LSB
- Settling Time: 20µS to ±1LSB
- 750kHz Max Update Rate
- Power-On Reset to Zero Volts
- 3-Wire Cascadable Serial Interface
- Low Cost
- Pin Compatible Upgrade for LTC1451 12-Bit DAC Family
DescriptionThe LTC1655/LTC1655L are rail-to-rail voltage output, 16-bit digital-to-analog converters in an SO-8 package. They include an output buffer and a reference. The 3-wire serial interface is compatible with SPI/QSPI and MICROWIRE protocols. The CLK input has a Schmitt trigger that allows direct optocoupler interface.
The LTC1655 has an onboard 2.048V reference that can be overdriven to a higher voltage. The output swings from 0V to 4.096V when using the internal reference. The typical power dissipation is 3.0mW on a single 5V supply.
The LTC1655L has an onboard 1.25V reference that can be overdriven to a higher voltage. The output swings from 0V to 2.5V when using the internal reference. The typical power dissipation is 1.8mW on a single 3V supply.
The LTC1655/LTC1655L are pin compatible with Linear Technology’s 12-bit VOUT DAC family, allowing an easy upgrade path. They are the only buffered 16-bit DACs in an SO-8 package and they include an onboard reference for standalone performance.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Digital Calibration
- Industrial Process Control
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Cellular Telephones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2400 - 24-Bit µPower No Latency Delta-Sigma ADC in SO-8
- LTC1650 - Low Glitch 16-Bit Voltage Output DAC
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC2440 - 24-Bit High Speed Differential Delta Sigma ADC with Selectable Speed/Resolution
- LT6654 - SOT-23 Precision Wide Supply High Output Drive Low Noise Reference
- LTC1595 - Serial 16-Bit Multiplying DACs
- LTC1864 - µPower, 16-Bit, 250ksps 1- and 2-Channel ADCs in SOIC
- LTC2641-16 - 16-Bit DACs in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.