LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- 3000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 6V to 100V
- Current Monitoring Up to 100V
- High Side PMOS Disconnect and PWM Switch Driver
- Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Regulation
- Dual Current Sense Amplifiers with Reporting
- C/10 Detection for Battery and SuperCap Charging
- Linear Current Sense Threshold Programming
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Adjustable Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Frequency Synchronization (LT3796)
- Independent Top Gate Enable Pin (LT3796-1)
- Programmable Open LED Protection with VMODE Flag
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Soft-Start with Programmable Fault Restart Timer
- Available in 28-Lead TSSOP Package
The LT®3796/LT3796-1 are DC/DC controllers designed to regulate a constant-current or constant-voltage and are ideal for driving LEDs. The fixed frequency and current mode architecture result in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. Two ground referred voltage FB pins serve as the input for several LED protection features, and also allow the converter to operate as a constant-voltage source. The LT3796/LT3796-1 feature a programmable threshold output current sense amplifier with rail-to-rail common mode range. A separate high side amplifier is gain configurable with two resistors and can be used to regulate a second current or a voltage in combination with one of the FB pins. The PWM input provides LED dimming ratios of up to 3000:1.
The LT3796-1 is optimized for a second output current regulation loop that can be enabled/disabled with a PMOS switch, either to drive a second LED string or to extend analog dimming range.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1706A||LT3796EFE Demo Board I 100V LED Controller with Current Monitor||$200.00|
- High Power LED, High Voltage LED, Dual String
- Battery and SuperCap Chargers
- Accurate Current Limited Voltage Regulators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV