LT3501 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range: 3.1V to 25V
- Two Switching Regulators with 3A Output Capability
- Independent Supply to Each Regulator
- Adjustable/Synchronizable Fixed Frequency Operation from 250kHz to 1.5MHz
- Antiphase Switching
- Outputs Can be Paralleled
- Independent, Sequential, Ratiometric or Absolute Tracking Between Outputs
- Independent Soft-Start and Power Good Pins
- Enhanced Short-Circuit Protection
- Low Dropout: 95% Maximum Duty Cycle
- Low Shutdown Current: <10µA
- 20-Lead TSSOP Package with Exposed Leadframe
DescriptionThe LT3501 is a dual current mode PWM step-down DC/DC converter with two internal 3.5A switches. Independent input voltage, feedback, soft-start and power good pins for each channel simplify complex power supply tracking/sequencing requirements.
Both converters are synchronized to either a common external clock input or a resistor programmable ﬁ xed 250kHz to 1.5MHz internal oscillator. At all frequencies, a 180° phase relationship between channels is maintained, reducing voltage ripple and component size. Programmable frequency allows for optimization between efﬁ ciency and external component size.
Minimum input-to-output voltage ratios are improved by allowing the switch to stay on through multiple clock cycles, only switching off when the boost capacitor needs recharging, resulting in ~95% maximum duty cycle.
Each output can be independently disabled using its own soft-start pin, or by using the SHDN pin the entire part can be placed in a low quiescent current shutdown mode.
The LT3501 is available in a 20-lead TSSOP package with exposed leadframe for low thermal resistance.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC964A||LT3501EFE Demo Board- Dual Monolithic Step-Down Switching Reg||$225.00|
- DSP Power Supplies
- Disc Drives
- DSL/Cable Modems
- Wall Transformer Regulation
- Distributed Power Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3510 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 2A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3992 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3692A - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3.5A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LTC3633 - Dual Channel 3A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV