LT3028 - Dual 100mA/500mA Low Dropout, Low Noise, Micropower Regulators with Independent Inputs
- Low Noise: 20µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Low Quiescent Current: 30µA/Output
- Independent Inputs
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
- Output Current: 100mA/500mA
- Very Low Shutdown Current: <0.1µA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV/320mV at 100mA/500mA
- Adjustable Outputs from 1.22V to 20V
- Stable with as Low as 1µF/3.3µF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Aluminum, Tantalum or Ceramic Capacitors
- Reverse-Battery Protected
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protected
- Tracking/Sequencing Capability
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead TSSOP and 16-Lead (5mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
DescriptionThe LT3028 is a dual, micropower, low noise, low dropout regulator with independent inputs. With an external 0.01µF bypass capacitor, output noise is a low 20µVRMS over a 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth. Designed for use in battery-powered systems, the low 30µA quiescent current per output makes it an ideal choice. In shutdown, quiescent current drops to less than 0.1µA. Shutdown control is independent for each output, allowing for flexibility in power management. The device is capable of operating over an input voltage range of 1.8V to 20V. Output 1 can supply 500mA of output current with a dropout voltage of 320mV. The device can supply 100mA of output current from Output 2 with a dropout voltage of 300mV. Quiescent current is well controlled in dropout.
The LT3028 regulator is stable with output capacitors as low as 1µF for the 100mA output and 3.3µF for the 500mA output. Small ceramic capacitors can be used without the series resistance required by other regulators.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, current limiting and thermal limiting protection. The device is available as an adjustable device with a 1.22V reference voltage. The LT3028 regulator is available in the thermally enhanced 16-lead TSSOP and 16-lead, low profile (5mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) DFN packages.
Protected by U.S. Patents including 6118263, 6144250.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC832A||LT3028DHC | Dual Input, Dual Output Regulator, Vin1 & Vin2 = 2.3V-20V, Vout1 & Vout2 = 2.5V or 3.3V or 5V @ 100mA||$125.00|
- Cellular Phones
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Frequency Synthesizers
- Wireless Modems
- Tracking/Sequencing Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3024 - Dual 100mA/500mA Low Dropout, Low Noise, Micropower Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3029 - Dual 500mA/500mA Low Dropout, Low Noise, Micropower Linear Regulator
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1962 - 300mA, Low Noise, Micropower LDO Regulators
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV