LT1936 - 1.4A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range: 3.6V to 36V
- Short-Circuit Protected Over Full Input Range
- 1.9A Guaranteed Minimum Switch Current
- 5V at 1.4A from 10V to 36V Input
- 3.3V at 1.4A from 7V to 36V Input
- 5V at 1.2A from 6.3V to 36V Input
- 3.3V at 1.2A from 4.5V to 36V Input
- Output Adjustable Down to 1.20V
- 500kHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Uses Small Ceramic Capacitors
- Internal or External Compensation
- Low Shutdown Current: <2µA
- Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead MSOP Package
DescriptionThe LT1936 is a current mode PWM step-down DC/DC converter with an internal 1.9A power switch, packaged in a tiny, thermally enhanced 8-lead MSOP. The wide input range of 3.6V to 36V makes the LT1936 suitable for regulating power from a wide variety of sources, including automotive batteries, 24V industrial supplies and unregulated wall adapters. Its high operating frequency allows the use of small, low cost inductors and ceramic capacitors, resulting in low, predictable output ripple.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit, frequency foldback and thermal shutdown provide protection against shorted outputs, and soft-start eliminates input current surge during startup. Transient response can be optimized by using external compensation components, or board space can be minimized by using internal compensation. The low current (<2µA) shutdown mode enables easy power management in battery-powered systems.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC825A||LT1936EMS8E | 500KHz Buck Converter, Vin = 4.5V to 36V, Vout = 5V/3.3V@1.2A||$75.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Unregulated Wall Adapters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3505 - 1.2A, Step-Down Switching Regulator in 3mm x 3mm DFN
- LT3481 - 36V, 2A, 2.8MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 50µA Quiescent Current
- LT3493 - 1.2A, 750kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator in 2mm × 3mm DFN
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3971 - 38V, 1.2A, 2MHz Step-Down Regulator with 2.8μA Quiescent Current
- LT1933 - 600mA, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator in SOT-23
- LTC3600 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Rail-to-Rail Single Resistor Step-Down Regulator
- LT3991 - 55V, 1.2A Step-Down Regulator with 2.8μA Quiescent Current
- LT3686A - 37V/1.2A Step-Down Regulator in 3mm × 3mm DFN and MSE
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV