LT1725 - General Purpose Isolated Flyback Controller
- Drives External Power MOSFET with External ISENSE Resistor
- Application Input Voltage Limited Only by External Power Components
- Senses Output Voltage Directly from Primary Side Winding—No Optoisolator Required
- Accurate Regulation Without User Trims
- Regulation Maintained Well into Discontinuous Mode
- Switching Frequency from 50kHz to 250kHz with External Capacitor
- Optional Load Compensation
- Optional Undervoltage Lockout
- Available in 16-Pin SO and SSOP Packages
DescriptionThe LT1725 is a monolithic switching regulator controller specifically designed for the isolated flyback topology. It drives the gate of an external MOSFET and is generally powered from a third transformer winding. These features allow for an application input voltage limited only by external power path components. The third transformer winding also provides output voltage feedback information, such that an optoisolator is not required. Its gate drive capability coupled with a suitable external MOSFET can deliver load power up to tens of watts.
The LT1725 has a number of features not found on most other switching regulator ICs. By utilizing current mode switching techniques, it provides excellent AC and DC line regulation. Its unique control circuitry can maintain regulation well into discontinuous mode in most applications. Optional load compensation circuitry allows for improved load regulation. An optional undervoltage lockout pin halts operation when the application input voltage is too low. An optional external capacitor implements a soft-start function. A 3V output is available at up to several mA for powering primary side application circuitry.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC373A-A||LT1725IGN | 48Vin to 5Vout 2A Module, Isolated Flyback, 1x2 Footprint||$150.00|
|DC373A-B||LT1725IGN | 48Vin to 3.3V/3A, 10W Module, Isolated Flyback, 1x2 Footprint||$150.00|
|DC431A||LT1725CGN LTC1773EMS | Telecom Input, Isolated 3 Output DC/DC Converter, +36V to +72V Input, Vout = 5V/1A, 3.3V/5A, 2.5V/4A||Contact Factory|
|DC508A||LT1725CGN | Low Cost, High Efficiency Synchronous Forward Converter w/o Optoisolator, +Vin = 36V-72V, +Vout = 2.5V/3.3V at 10A||Contact Factory|
|DC562A-A||LT1725CGN | Isolated Forward Converter, Vin=36V to 72V, Vout=3.3V@30A||Contact Factory|
|DC562A-B||LT1725CGN | Isolated Forward Converter, Vin=36V to 72V, Vout=5V@20A||Contact Factory|
|DC562A-C||LT1725CGN | Isolated Forward Converter, Vin=36V to 72V, Vout=12V@12A||Contact Factory|
|DC638A||LT1725CGN | Synchronous Flyback Converter, 36V - 72Vin, to 3.3V @ 3.5A, 350mA Input Current||Contact Factory|
- Telecom Isolated Converters
- Offline Isolated Power Supplies
- Instrumentation Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT3825 - Isolated No-Opto Synchronous Flyback Controller with Wide Input Supply Range
- LT3573 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LT1425 - Isolated Flyback Switching Regulators
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT3511 - Monolithic High Voltage Isolated Flyback Converter
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3575 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LT1737 - High Power Isolated Flyback Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV