LT1617 - Micropower Inverting DC/DC Converters in SOT-23
- Low Quiescent Current:
20µA in Active Mode
<1µA in Shutdown Mode
- Operates with VIN as Low as 1V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 250mV at 300mA
- Uses Small Surface Mount Components
- High Output Voltage: Up to –34V
- Tiny 5-Lead SOT-23 Package
DescriptionThe LT1617/LT1617-1 are micropower inverting DC/DC converters in a 5-lead SOT-23 package. The LT1617 is designed for higher power systems with a 350mA current limit and an input voltage range of 1.2V to 15V, whereas the LT1617-1 is intended for lower power and single-cell applications with a 100mA current limit and an extended input voltage range of 1V to 15V. Otherwise, the two devices are functionally equivalent. Both devices feature a quiescent current of only 20µA at no load, which further reduces to 0.5µA in shutdown. A current limited, fixed off-time control scheme conserves operating current, resulting in high efficiency over a broad range of load current. The 36V switch allows high voltage outputs up to –34V to be easily generated without the use of costly transformers. The LT1617’s low off-time of 400ns permits the use of tiny, low profile inductors and capacitors to minimize footprint and cost in space-conscious portable applications.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- LCD Bias
- Handheld Computers
- Battery Backup
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3483 - Inverting Micropower DC/DC Converters with Schottky
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3463 - Dual Micropower DC/DC Converters with Schottky Diodes
- LT1945 - Dual Micropower DC/DC Converter with Positive and Negative Outputs
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1931 - 1.2MHz/2.2MHz Inverting DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LTC1174 - High Efficiency Step-Down and Inverting DC/DC Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV