LT1584 - 7A, 4.6A, 3A Low Dropout Fast Response Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed
- Fast Transient Response
- Guaranteed Dropout Voltage at Multiple Currents
- Load Regulation: 0.05% Typ
- Trimmed Current Limit
- On-Chip Thermal Limiting
- Standard 3-Pin Power Package
The LT1584/LT1585/LT1587 are low dropout three terminal regulators with 7A, 4.6A and 3A output current capability, respectively. Design has been optimized for low voltage applications where transient response and minimum input voltage are critical. Similar to the LT1083/4/5family, it has lower dropout voltage and faster transient response. These improvements make it ideal for low voltage microprocessor applications requiring a regulated2.5V to 3.6V output with an input supply below 7V.
Current limit is trimmed to ensure specified output current and controlled short-circuit current. On-chip thermal limiting provides protection against any combination of overload that would create excessive junction temperatures.
The LT1585/LT1587 are available in both the through-hole and surface mount versions of the industry standard 3-pin TO-220 power package. The LT1584 is available in the through-hole 3-pin TO-220 power package.
|LT1585/7CM-3.3, LT1584/5/7CT-3.3||3.3V Fixed|
|LT1585CM-3.38, LT1584/5CT-3.38||3.38V Fixed|
|LT1585/7CM-3.45, LT1584/5/7CT-3.45||3.45V Fixed|
|LT1585/7CM-3.6, LT1584/5/7CT-3.6||3.6V Fixed|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC065A-A||LT1584C | PENTIUM VALIDATOR MOTHERBOARD 3.3V @ 7A||Contact Factory|
- Pentium™ Processor Supplies
- PowerPC™ Supplies
- Other 2.5V to 3.6V Microprocessor Supplies
- Low Voltage Logic Supplies
- Battery-Powered Circuitry
- Post Regulator for Switching Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1581 - 10A, Very Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1083-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1084-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT1185 - Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- LT1575 - Ultrafast Transient Response, Low Dropout Regulators Adjustable and Fixed
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV