- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- Complete Battery Charger System
- Input Supply Voltage Regulation Loop for Peak Power Tracking in MPPT (Maximum Peak Power Tracking) Solar Applications
- Resistor Programmable Float Voltage Up to 14.4V on the LTM8062 and 18.8V on the LTM8062A
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.95V to 32V (40V Abs Max)
- 2A Charge Current
- Accommodates Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, SLA
- Integrated Input Reverse Voltage Protection
- User Selectable Termination: C/10 or Termination Timer
- 0.75% Float Voltage Reference Accuracy
- 9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA Package
The LTM®8062/LTM8062A are complete 32VIN, 2A μModule® power tracking battery chargers. The LTM8062/ LTM8062A provide a constant-current/constant-voltage charge characteristic, a 2A maximum charge current, and employ a 3.3V float voltage feedback reference, so any desired battery float voltage up to 14.4V for the LTM8062 and up to 18.8V for the LTM8062A can be programmed with a resistor divider.
The LTM8062/LTM8062A employ an input voltage regulation loop, which reduces charge current if the input voltage falls below a programmed level, set with a resistor divider. When the LTM8062/LTM8062A are powered by a solar panel, this input regulation loop is used to maintain the panel at peak output power. The LTM8062/LTM8062A also feature preconditioning trickle charge, bad battery detection, a choice of termination schemes and automatic restart.
The LTM8062/LTM8062A are packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm) over-molded land grid array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8062/LTM8062A are RoHS compliant.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
9mm x 15mm x 4.32mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1621A||LTM8062EV Demo Board | 32V, 2A uModule Li-Ion Batt||$65.00|
- Industrial Handheld Instruments
- 12V to 24V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- Desktop Cradle Chargers
- Solar Power Battery Charging
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTM8061 - 32V, 2A uModule Li-Ion/ Polymer Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV