- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8061 - 32V, 2A μModule Li-Ion/ Polymer Battery Charger
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.95V to 32V
(40V Absolute Maximum)
- Float Voltage Options:
1-Cell: 4.1V, 4.2V
2-Cell: 8.2V, 8.4V
- Programmable Charge Current: Up to 2A
- User-Selectable Charge Termination: C/10 or Onboard Termination Timer
- Dynamic Charge Rate Programming/Soft-Start Pin
- Programmable Input Current Limit
- Optional Reverse Input Protection
- NTC Resistor Temperature Monitor
- 0.5% Float Voltage Accuracy
- Bad-Battery Detection with Auto-Reset
- Tiny, Low Profile (9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm) Surface Mount LGA Package
The LTM8061 is a high efficiency 32V, 2A μModule® standalone Li-Ion battery charger. It is optimized for one and two-cell packs, with fixed float voltage options: 4.1V, 4.2V, 8.2V and 8.4V. The LTM8061 provides a constant-current/ constant-voltage charge characteristic, with maximum charge current up to 2A. A precondition feature trickle charges a depleted battery, and bad battery detection provides a signal and suspends charging if a battery does not respond to preconditioning.
The LTM8061 can be configured to terminate charging when charge current falls to one-tenth the programmed maximum current or to use an internal timer if a timebased termination scheme is desired. Once charging is terminated, the LTM8061 enters a low current standby mode. An auto-restart feature starts a new charge cycle if the battery voltage drops 2.5% from the float voltage, or if a new battery is inserted into a charging system.
The LTM8061 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (9mm × 15mm × 4.32mm) over-molded land grid array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8061 is RoHS compliant.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
9mm x 15mm x 4.32mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1645A-A||LTM8061-4.1 Demo Board | 32v, 2A uModule Battery Charger||$65.00|
|DC1645A-B||LTM8061-4.2 Demo Board | 32v, 2A uModule Battery Charger||$65.00|
|DC1645A-C||LTM8061-8.2 Demo Board | 32v, 2A uModule Battery Charger||$65.00|
|DC1645A-D||LTM8061-8.4 Demo Board | 32v, 2A uModule Battery Charger||$65.00|
- Industrial Handheld Instruments
- 12V to 24V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- Professional Video/Camera Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT1510 - Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV