LTM8058 - 3.1VIN to 31VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- 2kV AC Isolated μModule Converter (Tested to 3kVDC)
- UL60950 Recognized File E464570
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.1V to 31V
- VOUT1 Output:
Up to 440mA (VIN = 24V, VOUT1 = 2.5V)
2.3V to 13V Output Range
- VOUT2 Low Noise Linear Post Regulator:
Up to 300mA
1.2V to 12V Output Range
- Current Mode Control
- Programmable Soft-Start
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout
- Low Profile (9mm × 11.25mm × 4.92mm) BGA Package
The LTM®8058 is a 2kV AC isolated flyback μModule® (power module) DC/DC converter with LDO post regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, transformer, LDO, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.1V to 31V, the LTM8058 supports an output voltage range of 2.5V to 13V, set by a single resistor. There is also a linear post regulator whose output voltage is adjustable from 1.2V to 12V as set by a single resistor. Only output and input capacitors are needed to finish the design. Other components may be used to control the soft-start control and biasing.
The LTM8058 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (9mm × 11.25mm × 4.92mm) overmolded ball grid array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8058 is available with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM8058EY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1925||Yes|
|LTM8058IY||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1925||No|
|LTM8058IY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1925||Yes|
|LTM8058MPY||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||MP||05-08-1925||No|
|LTM8058MPY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||MP||05-08-1925||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM8058EY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||E||$16.36||$11.45||Yes|
|LTM8058IY||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||I||$22.34||$15.64||No|
|LTM8058IY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||I||$18.00||$12.60||Yes|
|LTM8058MPY||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||MP||$36.24||$25.37||No|
|LTM8058MPY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||MP||$31.90||$22.33||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1988A||LTM8058 Demo Board | 2kVAC Isolated Flyback µModule Converter, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 30V, Vout1 = 6V @ Up to 320mA, Vout2 = Vout1 LDO Post Regulator||$65.00|
- Industrial Sensors
- Industrial Switches
- Ground Loop Mitigation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTM8057 - 3.1Vin to 31Vin Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter
- LTM8046 - 3.1VIN to 31VIN, 2kVAC Isolated DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Converter
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8301 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/1.2A Switch
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: