- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8053 - 40VIN, 3.5A/6A Step-Down Silent Switcher μModule Regulator
- Complete Step-Down Switch Mode Power Supply
- Low Noise Silent Switcher® Architecture
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 40V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.97V to 15V
- 3.5A Continuous Output Current, 6A Peak
- Parallelable for Increased Output Current
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 3MHz
- External Synchronization
- Tiny, Low Profile 6.25mm × 9mm × 3.32mm RoHS Compliant BGA Package
The LTM®8053 is a 40VIN, 3.5A (continuous) step-down μModule® (power module) regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.4V to 40V, the LTM8053 supports an output voltage range of 0.97V to 15V and a switching frequency range of 200kHz to 3MHz, each set by a single resistor. Only the input and output filter capacitors are needed to finish the design.
The low profile package enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. The LTM8053 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact over-molded ball grid array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8053 is RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM8053EY#PBF||9mm x 6.25mm x 3.32mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1999||Yes|
|LTM8053IY#PBF||9mm x 6.25mm x 3.32mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1999||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM8053EY#PBF||9mm x 6.25mm x 3.32mm BGA||E||$13.80||$9.66||Yes|
|LTM8053IY#PBF||9mm x 6.25mm x 3.32mm BGA||I||$15.09||$10.56||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1934A||LTM8053 Demo Board | Buck μModule Regulator, 5.6V ≤ VIN ≤ 40V, Vout = 5V @ 3.5A||$65.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.