- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down μModule Regulator
- Complete Step-Down Switch Mode Power Supply
- CVCC: Constant-Voltage Constant-Current
- 2-Quadrant: Sources and Sinks Output Current
- Adjustable Output Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 6V to 36V
- 1.2V to 24V Output Voltage
- Forced Continuous Operation
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- (e4) RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Pad Finish
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Tiny, Low Profile (11.25mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) Surface Mount LGA Package
The LTM®8052/LTM8052A is a 36VIN, 5A, 2-quadrant constant-voltage, constant-current (CVCC) step-down μModule® regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, inductor and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 6V to 36V, the LTM8052/LTM8052A supports an output voltage range of 1.2V to 24V. The LTM8052/LTM8052A is able to sink or source current to maintain voltage regulation up to the positive and negative current limits. This output current limit can be set by a control voltage, a single resistor or a thermistor. LTM8052 features a 125% output overvoltage protection, while LTM8052A does not, allowing operation when the output is above the target regulation point.
The LTM8052/LTM8052A is packaged in a thermallyenhanced, compact (11.25mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) RoHS compliant, overmolded land grid array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint compatible with Mentor Graphics PADS® v9.5 or later, and Cadence ORCAD® v16.5 or later.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
11.25mm x 15mm x 2.82mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1866A||LTM8052EV Demo Board | 36Vin, 5A 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down uModule Voltage Regulator||$65.00|
|DC1939A||LTM8052A Demo Board | 36Vin, 5A 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down uModule regulator w/o OVP||$65.00|
- Constant-Frequency Voltage Regulation Even at No Load
- Peltier Driver
- Battery Tester
- Battery/Supercap Charging and Cell Balancing
- Motor Drive Power Regulator
- High Power LED Drive
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8026 - 36VIN, 5A CVCC Step-Down uModule Regulator
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: