- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8049 - Dual SEPIC or Inverting μModule DC/DC Converter
- Two Complete Switch Mode Power Supplies
- SEPIC or Inverting Topology
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.6V to 20V
- 2.5V to 24V or –2.5V to –24V Output Voltage
- 1A at 5VOUT from 12VIN
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2.5MHz
- Power Good Outputs for Event Based Sequencing
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout
- (e4) RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Pad Finish
- Low Profile 15mm × 9mm × 2.42mm Surface Mount BGA Package
The LTM8049 is a Dual SEPIC/Inverting μModule® (power module) DC/DC Converter. Each of the two outputs can be easily configured as a SEPIC or Inverting converter by simply grounding the appropriate output rail. The LTM8049 includes power devices, inductors, control circuitry and passive components. All that is needed to complete the design are input and output caps, and small resistors to set the output voltages and switching frequency. Other components may be used to control the soft-start and undervoltage lockout.
The LTM8049 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (15mm × 9mm) over-molded Ball Grid Array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8049 is RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM8049EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 2.42mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1964||Yes|
|LTM8049IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 2.42mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1964||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM8049EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 2.42mm BGA||E||$20.29||$14.20||Yes|
|LTM8049IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 2.42mm BGA||I||$22.31||$15.62||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2244A||LTM8049 Demo Board | Dual SEPIC/Inverting μModule, 2.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 18V, Vout1/2 = ±12V@1A||$65.00|
- Battery Powered Regulator
- Local Negative Voltage Regulator
- Low Noise Amplifier Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8045 - Inverting or SEPIC μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter with Up to 700mA Output Current
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTM8056 - 58VIN, 48Vout Buck-Boost μModule (Power Module) Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: