- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- True Color PWM™ with 3000:1 Dimming Ratio
- Operates in Boost, Buck Mode or Buck-Boost Mode
- Wide Input Voltage Range:
Operation from 3V to 30V
Transient Protection to 40V
- Gate Driver for Optional PWM Dimming with P-channel MOSFET
- Adjustable Frequency: 250kHz to 2MHz
- Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Regulation
- Low Shutdown Current: <1μA
- RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Pad Finish
- Tiny, Low Profile (9mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) Surface Mount LGA Package
The LTM8042 is a complete μModule Boost LED Driver specifically designed to drive LEDs up to 1A, while the LTM8042-1 drives up to 350mA. It combines a boost power topology with a unique current loop to operate as a constant-current source. The PWM input provides as much as 3000:1 LED dimming, while 10:1 analog dimming can be accomplished by a single resistor or analog voltage applied to the CTL pin. As with any boost topology, the LTM8042/LTM8042-1 has an uninterrupted current path between its input and output and is thus intolerant to a short-circuit or overload from the output to ground.
The LTM8042/LTM8042-1 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact overmolded land grid array (LGA) package. The LTM8042/LTM8042-1 is Pb-free and a RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint compatible with Mentor Graphics PADS® v9.5 or later, and Cadence ORCAD® v16.5 or later.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
9mm x 15mm x 2.82mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1511A-A||LTM8042EV Demo Board | 32V, 1A uModule Boost LED Driver.||$65.00|
|DC1511A-B||LTM8042EV-1 Demo Board | 32V, 350mA uModule Boost LED Driver.||$65.00|
- Display Backlighting
- Automotive and Avionic Lighting
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8040 - 36V, 1A uModule LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: