- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8029 - 36VIN, 600mA Step-Down μModule Converter with 5μA Quiescent Current
- Complete Switch Mode Power Supply
- Low Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation 5μA IQ at 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- 600mA Output Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 36V (40VMAX)
- Output Voltage: 1.2V to 18V
- Excellent Dropout Performance
- Can Be Used As an Inverter
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Current Mode Control
- (e1) RoHS Compliant Package
- Tiny, Low Profile (11.25mm × 6.25mm × 3.42mm) Surface Mount BGA Package
The LTM®8029 is a 36VIN, 600mA step-down μModule® converter with 5μA quiescent current. It is an adjustable frequency buck switching regulator that consumes only 5μA of quiescent current. The LTM8029 can accept an input as high as 36VIN and operates at low input voltages due to its off-time skipping capability. Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at low output currents while keeping the output ripple low. The RUN pin features an accurate threshold and the shutdown current is 0.9μA. A power good flag signals when VOUT reaches 90% of the programmed output voltage.
The LTM8029 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (11.25mm × 6.25mm) and low profile (3.42mm) overmolded ball grid array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8029 is RoHS compliant.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
11.25mm x 6.25mm x 3.42mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1724A||LTM8029 Demo Board | 36V, 600mA Step-Down uModule Regulator with 5uA quiescent current||$65.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTM8021 - 36VIN, 500mA Step-Down DC/DC uModule
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTM8020 - 200mA, 36V DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV