- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8028 - 36VIN, UltraFast, Low Output Noise 5A μModule Regulator
- High Performance 5A Linear Regulator with Switching Step-Down Converter for High Efficiency
- Digitally Programmable VOUT: 0.8V to 1.8V
- Input Voltage Range: 6V to 36V
- Very Tight Tolerance Over Temperature, Line, Load and Transient Response
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Parallel Multiple Devices for 10A or More
- Accurate Programmable Current Limit to Allow Asymmetric Power Sharing
- Analog Output Margining: ±10% Range
- Synchronization Input
- Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
- 15mm × 15mm × 4.92mm Surface Mount BGA Package
The LTM®8028 is a 36VIN, 5A μModule® regulator, consisting of an UltraFast™ 5A linear regulator preceded by a high efficiency switching regulator. In addition to providing tight output regulation, the linear regulator automatically controls the output voltage of the switcher to provide optimal efficiency and headroom for dynamic response.
The output voltage is digitally selectable in 50mV increments over a 0.8V to 1.8V range. An analog margining function allows the user to adjust system output voltage over a continuous ±10% range, and a single-ended feedback sense line may be used to mitigate IR drops due to parasitic resistance.
The LTM8028 is packaged in a compact (15mm × 15mm × 4.92mm) overmolded ball grid array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8028 is RoHS compliant.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 15mm x 4.92mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1738A||LTM8028EY Demo Board | LTM8028EY Demo Board | Low Output Noise 36VIN, 5A Step-Down uModule Regulator.||$65.00|
- FPGA and DSP Supplies
- High Speed I/O
- ASIC and Microprocessor Supplies
- Servers and Storage Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTC6957 - Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: