- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8026 - 36VIN, 5A CVCC Step-Down μModule Regulator
- Complete Step-Down Switch Mode Power Supply
- Constant-Voltage Constant-Current Operation
- Selectable Output Current Up to 5A
- Parallelable for Increased Output Current, Even from Different Voltage Sources
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 6V to 36V
- 1.2V to 24V Output Voltage
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- (e4) RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Pad Finish
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Tiny, Low Profile (11.25mm × 15mm × 2.82mm) Surface Mount LGA Package
The LTM®8026 is a 36VIN, 5A constant-voltage, constant-current (CVCC) step-down μModule® regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, inductor and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 6V to 36V, the LTM8026 supports an output voltage range of 1.2V to 24V. CVCC operation allows the LTM8026 to accurately regulate its output current up to 5A over the entire output range. The output current can be set by a control voltage, a single resistor or a thermistor. Only resistors to set the output voltage and frequency and the bulk input and output filter capacitors are needed to finish the design.
The low profile package (2.82mm) enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point-of-load regulation. The LTM8026 is packaged in a thermally-enhanced, compact (11.25mm × 15mm) and low profile (2.82mm) overmolded land grid array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8026 is RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint compatible with Mentor Graphics PADS® v9.5 or later, and Cadence ORCAD® v16.5 or later.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
11.25mm x 15mm x 2.82mm LGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1696A||LTM8026 Demo Board | CVCC Buck uModule, 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, Vout = 3.3V @ 5A||$65.00|
- SuperCap Charging
- General Purpose Industrial
- Extreme Short-Circuit Protection or Accurate Output Current Limit
- μController-Based Battery Charging
- High Power LED Drive
- Multiple Input, Single Output Voltage Conversion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down μModule Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4609 - 36VIN, 34VOUT High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: