- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8021 - 36VIN, 500mA Step-Down DC/DC µModule (Power Module)
- Complete Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3V to 36V
- 500mA Output Current
- 0.8V to 5V Output Voltage
- Fixed 1.1MHz Switching Frequency
- Current Mode Control
- (e4) RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Pad Finish
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Tiny, Low Proﬁle (11.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.82mm) Surface Mount LGA Package
The LTM8021 is a 36VIN 500mA, step-down DC/DC μModule (power module). Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3V to 36V, the LTM8021 supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 5V, set by a single resistor. Only an output and bulk input capacitor are needed to ﬁnish the design.
The low proﬁle package (2.82mm) enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. A built-in soft-start timer is adjustable with just a resistor and capacitor.
The LTM8021 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (11.25mm × 6.25mm) and low proﬁle (2.82mm) overmolded Land Grid Array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8021 is RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM8021EV#PBF||11.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1805||Yes|
|LTM8021IV#PBF||11.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1805||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM8021EV#PBF||11.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||E||$8.36||$5.85||Yes|
|LTM8021IV#PBF||11.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.82mm LGA||I||$9.20||$6.44||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1238B||LTM8021EV Demoboard | 7.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, VOUT = 5V @ 500mA||$65.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8020 - 200mA, 36V DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8029 - 36VIN, 600mA Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Converter with 5μA Quiescent Current
- LTM8022 - 1A, 36V DC/DC μModule (Power Module)
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTM8031 - Ultralow Noise EMC 36V, 1A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTM8045 - Inverting or SEPIC μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter with Up to 700mA Output Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: