- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM8020 - 200mA, 36V DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- Complete Step-Down Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4V to 36V
- 1.25V to 5V Output Voltage
- EN55022 Class B Compliant
- 200mA Output Current
- Current Mode Control
- –55°C to 125°C Operating Temperature (LTM8020MPV)
- Pb-Free (e4) RoHS Compliant Package with Gold Pad Finish
- Tiny, Low Profile (6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.32mm) Surface Mount LGA Package
The LTM8020 is a complete 200mA, DC/DC step-down power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4V to 36V, the LTM8020 supports an output voltage range of 1.25V to 5V, set by a single resistor. Only bulk capacitors are needed to finish the design. The LTM8020 meets the radiated emissions requirements of EN55022. Conducted emission requirements can be met by adding standard filter components.
The low profile (2.32mm) tiny package enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation.
The LTM8020 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (6.25mm × 6.25mm) and low profile (2.32mm) over-molded land grid array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8020 is Pb-free and RoHS compliant.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM8020EV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.32mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1803||Yes|
|LTM8020IV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.32mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1803||Yes|
|LTM8020MPV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.32mm LGA||LGA||MP||05-08-1803||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM8020EV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.32mm LGA||E||$7.07||$4.95||Yes|
|LTM8020IV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.32mm LGA||I||$7.79||$5.45||Yes|
|LTM8020MPV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.32mm LGA||MP||$14.49||$10.14||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1194A||LTM8020 Demo Board | µModule DC/DC Regulator, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, VOUT = 3.3V @ 200mA||$65.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8021 - 36VIN, 500mA Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module)
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM8029 - 36VIN, 600mA Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Converter with 5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: