- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4649 - 10A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- 10A DC Output Current
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 16V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V Up to 3.3V
- No Heat Sink or Current Derating Up to 85°C Ambient Temperature
- ±1.5% Total DC Voltage Output Error
- Multiphase Operation with Current Sharing
- Remote Sense Amplifier
- Built-In General Purpose Temperature Monitor
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping Mode/Burst Mode® Operation for High Efficiency at Light Load
- Soft-Start/Voltage Tracking
- Protection: Output Overvoltage and Overcurrent Foldback
- 9mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA Package
The LTM®4649 is a complete 10A high efficiency switching mode step-down DC/DC μModule® regulator in a 9mm × 15mm × 4.92 BGA package. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 16V, the LTM4649 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 3.3V, set by a single external resistor. This high efficiency design delivers 10A continuous current. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed.
High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization, programmable multiphase operation, and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing.
Fault protection features include output overvoltage and overcurrent protection. The LTM4649 is offered in a small 9mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA package available with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4649EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1892||Yes|
|LTM4649IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1892||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4649EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||E||$18.64||$13.05||Yes|
|LTM4649IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||I||$20.51||$14.36||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1856B-B||LTM4649EY Demo Board | 16V 10A Step-Down µModule Regulator||$65.00|
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule (Power Module) Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LTM4624 - 14VIN, 4A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: