LTM4648 - Low VIN, 10A Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- 10A DC Output Current
- Input Voltage Range: 2.375V to 5.5V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 5V
- No Heat Sink or Current Derating Up to 85°C Ambient Temperature
- ±1.5% Maximum Total DC Output Error
- Multiphase Operation with Current Sharing
- Remote Sense Amplifier
- Built-In Temperature Monitor
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping Mode/Burst Mode® Operation for High Efficiency at Light Load
- Soft-Start/Voltage Tracking
- Protection: Output Overvoltage and Overcurrent Foldback
- See LTM4649 for Up to 16VIN Operation
- 9mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA Package
The LTM®4648 is a 10A low VIN step-down DC/DC μModule® (power module) regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 2.375V to 5.5V, the LTM4648 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5V, set by a single external resistor. This high efficiency design delivers up to 10A continuous current. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed.
High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization, programmable multiphase operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing.
Fault protection features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. The LTM4648 is offered in a small 9mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA package. The LTM4648 is RoHS compliant. For up to 16VIN operation, see the LTM4649.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4648EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1892||Yes|
|LTM4648IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1892||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4648EY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||E||$18.93||$13.25||Yes|
|LTM4648IY#PBF||15mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||I||$20.83||$14.58||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1856A-A||LTM4648EY Demo Board | 3.3V 10A Step-Down µModule Regulator||$65.00|
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM4675 - Dual 9A or Single 18A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LTC2380-24 - 24-Bit, 1.5Msps/2Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with Integrated Digital Filter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LTM4623 - Ultrathin 20VIN, 3A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4650 - Dual 25A or Single 50A DC/DC μModule Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: