LTM4647 - 30A DC/DC Step-Down μModule Regulator
- 4.7V to 15V Input Voltage Range
- 0.6V to 1.8V Output Voltage Range
- 30A DC Output Current
- ±1.2% Total DC Output Voltage Error (–40°C to 125°C)
- High Reliability N + 1 Phase Redundancy Supported
- Internal or External Control Loop Compensation
- Differential Remote Sense Amplifier for Precision Regulation
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Multiphase Current Sharing Up to 180A
- Built-In Temperature Monitoring
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping, Burst Mode® Operation
- Soft-Start/Voltage Tracking
- Frequency Synchronization
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Output Overcurrent Foldback Protection
- 9mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
The LTM®4647 is a complete 30A output switching mode step-down DC/DC μModule® (power module) regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and all supporting components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.7V to 15V, the LTM4647 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 1.8V, set by a single external resistor. Only a few input and output capacitors are needed.
Its high efficiency design delivers 87% efficiency from 12V input to 1.0V output with 30A continuous load current. High switching frequency and a current-mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization, programmable multiphase operation, N+1 phase redundancy, and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing.
Fault protection features include overvoltage and overcurrent protection. The power module is offered in a space saving 9mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA package. The LTM4647 is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4647EY#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1900||Yes|
|LTM4647IY#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1900||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4647EY#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA||E||$42.43||$29.70||Yes|
|LTM4647IY#PBF||15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA||I||$46.67||$32.67||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2141A||LTM4647 Demo Board | Buck μModule, 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 15V or 4.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 6V, VOUT = 0.6V to 1.8V @ 30A||$65.00|
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8390 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller with Spread Spectrum
- LTM4636 - 40A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM4622 - Dual Ultrathin 2.5A or Single 5A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTM4677 - Dual 18A or Single 36A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: