LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- Quad Output Step-Down μModule® Regulator with 4A per Output
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4V to 14V
- 2.375V to 14V with External Bias
- 0.6V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- 4A DC, 5A Peak Output Current Each Channel
- Up to 5.5W Power Dissipation (TA = 60°C, 200 LFM, No Heat Sink)
- ±1.5% Total Output Voltage Regulation
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- Parallelable for Higher Output Current
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Internal Temperature Sensing Diode Output
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Overvoltage, Current and Temperature Protection
- 9mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
The LTM®4644 is a quad DC/DC step-down μModule (micromodule) regulator with 4A per output. Outputs can be paralleled in an array for up to 16A capability. Included in the package are the switching controllers, power FETs, inductors and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4V to 14V or 2.375V to 14V with an external bias supply, the LTM4644 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V each set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers 4A continuous (5A peak) output current per channel. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed.
Fault protection features include overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection. The LTM4644 is offered in 9mm ×15mm × 5.01mm BGA package. The LTM4644 is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint compatible with Mentor Graphics PADS® v9.5 or later, and Cadence ORCAD® v16.5 or later.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
9mm x 15mm x 5.01mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1900A||LTM4644 Demo Board | Quad Buck µModule Regulator, 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout1 - Vout4 = 3.3V/2.5V/1.5V/1.2V @ 4A Each.||$65.00|
- Multirail Point of Load Regulation
- FPGAs, DSPs and ASICs Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LTM4624 - 14VIN, 4A Step-Down DC/DC μModule Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: