- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4642 - 20VIN, Dual 4A or Single 8A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- Small Form Factor Dual 4A Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 20V (2.375V Min with CPWR Bias)
- Dual 180° Out-of-Phase Outputs with 4A DC
- Dual Outputs with 0.6V to 5.5V Range
- Output Voltage Tracking
- ±1.5% Maximum Total DC Output Voltage Error,
- Up to 95% Maximum Efficiency
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 600kHz to 1.4MHz
- Constant On-Time, Valley Current Mode Architecture
- Parallel Current Sharing
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Output Overvoltage and Overcurrent Protection
- 9mm × 11.25mm × 4.92mm BGA Package
The LTM®4642 is a complete dual 4A or single 8A step-down DC/DC μModule® (micromodule) regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor, and all support components. Operating over input voltage ranges of 4.5V to 20V, (2.375V min with external CPWR bias), the LTM4642 supports two outputs with voltage ranges of 0.6V to 5.5V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers 4A continuous current (5A peak) for each output.
High switching frequency and a valley current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The two outputs are interleaved with 180° phase to minimize the ripple noise and reduce the I/O capacitors.
The power module is offered in a 9mm × 11.25mm × 4.92mm BGA package. The LTM4642 is RoHS compliant with Pb-free finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4642EY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1961||Yes|
|LTM4642IY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1961||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4642EY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||E||$22.86||$16.00||Yes|
|LTM4642IY#PBF||11.25mm x 9mm x 4.92mm BGA||I||$25.14||$17.60||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2194A||LTM4642 Demo Board | Dual Buck μModule Regulator, 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 20VIN, Vout1 = 1.8V @ 4A, Vout2 = 1.2V @ 4A||$65.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- FPGA Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4622 - Dual Ultrathin 2.5A or Single 5A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LTM4633 - Triple 10A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4650 - Dual 25A or Single 50A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LTM4675 - Dual 9A or Single 18A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTM4623 - Ultrathin 20VIN, 3A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTM4625 - 20VIN, 5A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: