- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- Wide Operating Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 38V
- 10A DC Typical, 12A Peak Output Current
- Output Range: 0.6V to 6V
- ±1.5% Maximum Total Output DC Voltage Error
- Differential Remote Sense Amplifier for POL Regulation
- Internal Temperature, Analog Indicator Output
- Overcurrent Foldback and Overtemperature Protection
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Parallelable for Higher Output Current
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping Operation
- Soft-Start/Voltage Tracking/Pre-Bias Start-Up
- 15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
- UVLO, Overvoltage Shutdown and Latchoff Thresholds
- N-Channel Overvoltage Power-Interrupt MOSFET Driver
- Surge Stopper Capable with Few External Components
- Robust, Resettable Latchoff Overvoltage Protection
- N-Channel Overvoltage Crowbar Power MOSFET Driver
The LTM4641 is a switch mode step-down DC/DC µModule® (micromodule) regulator with advanced input and load protection features. Trip detection thresholds for the following faults are customizable: input undervoltage, overtemperature, input overvoltage and output overvolt- age. Select fault conditions can be set for latchoff or hysteretic restart response—or disabled. Included in the package are the switching controller and housekeeping ICs, power MOSFETs, inductor, overvoltage drivers, biasing circuitry and supporting components. Operating from input voltages of 4V to 38V (4.5V start-up), the device supports output voltages from 0.6V to 6V, set by an external resistor network remote sensing the point-of-load’s voltage.
The LTM4641’s high efficiency design can deliver up to 10A continuous current with a few input and output capacitors. The regulator’s constant on-time current mode control architecture enables high step-down ratios and fast response to transient line and load changes. The LTM4641 is offered in a 15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm RoHS compliant BGA package with Pb-free finish.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1543A||LTM4641 Demo Board | 38V, 10A, Step-Down uModule Regulator with Input and Load Protection||$65.00|
- Ruggedized Electronics
- Avionics and Industrial Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC6090 - 140V CMOS Rail-to-Rail Output, Picoamp Input Current Op Amp
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV