LTM4636 - 40A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- Stacked Inductor Acts as Heat Sink
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.7V to 15V
- 0.6V to 3.3V Output Voltage Range
- ±1.3% Total DC Output Voltage Error Over Line, Load and Temperature (–40°C to 125°C)
- Differential Remote Sense Amplifier for Precision Regulation
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Frequency Synchronization
- Parallel Current Sharing (Up to 240A)
- Internal or External Compensation
- 88% Efficiency (12VIN, 1VOUT) at 40A
- Overcurrent Foldback Protection
- 16mm × 16mm × 7.07mm BGA Package
The LTM®4636 is a 40A step-down μModule (power module) switching regulator with a stacked inductor as a heat sink for quicker heat dissipation and cooler operation in a small package. The exposed inductor permits direct contact with airflow from any direction. The LTM4636 can deliver 40W (12VIN, 1VOUT, 40A, 200LFM) with only 40°C rise over the ambient temperature. Full-power 40W is delivered, up to 83°C ambient and half-power 20W is supported at 110°C ambient.
The LTM4636 operates at 92%, 90% and 88% efficiency, delivering 15A, 30A and 40A, respectively, to a 1V load 12VIN). The μModule regulator is scalable such that four μModules in current sharing mode deliver 160W with only 40°C rise and 88% efficiency (12VIN, 1VOUT, 400LFM). The LTM4636 is offered in a 16mm × 16mm × 7.07mm BGA package.
|LTM4636||Simpler circuits and fewer features|
|LTM4636-1||Extra internal circuitry for detecting overtemperature and input/output overvoltage conditions|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4636EY#PBF||16mm x 16mm x 7.07mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1937||Yes|
|LTM4636IY#PBF||16mm x 16mm x 7.07mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1937||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4636EY#PBF||16mm x 16mm x 7.07mm BGA||E||$55.50||$38.85||Yes|
|LTM4636IY#PBF||16mm x 16mm x 7.07mm BGA||I||$61.04||$42.73||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2230A-A||LTM4636 Demo Board | Buck μModule Regulator, Stacked Inductor, 4.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 15V, Vout = 0.6V to 3.3V @ 40A||$65.00|
- Telecom Servers and Networking Equipment
- Industrial Equipment and Medical Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM4650 - Dual 25A or Single 50A DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: