- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4622 - Dual Ultrathin 2.5A or Single 5A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- Complete Solution in <1cm2
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.6V to 20V
- 3.3V Input Compatible with VIN Tied to INTVCC
- 0.6V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- Dual 2.5A (3A Peak) or Single 5A Output Current
- ±1.5% Maximum Total Output Voltage Regulation Error Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Multiphase Parallelable with Current Sharing
- Output Voltage Tracking and Soft-Start Capability
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Overvoltage Input and Overtemperature Protection
- Power Good Indicators
- 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA and 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.42mm BGA Packages
The LTM®4622 is a complete dual 2.5A step-down switching mode μModule® (micromodule) regulator in a tiny ultrathin 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA and 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.42mm BGA packages. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.6V to 20V, the LTM4622 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers dual 2.5A continuous, 3A peak, output current. Only a few ceramic input and output capacitors are needed.
The LTM4622 supports selectable Burst Mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Its high switching frequency and current mode control enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include input overvoltage, output overcurrent and overtemperature protection.
The LTM4622 is RoHS compliant with Pb-free finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LTM4622EV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 1.82mm LGA||LGA||E||05-08-1949||Yes|
|LTM4622EY#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.42mm BGA||BGA||E||05-08-1502||Yes|
|LTM4622IV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 1.82mm LGA||LGA||I||05-08-1949||Yes|
|LTM4622IY#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.42mm BGA||BGA||I||05-08-1502||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|LTM4622EV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 1.82mm LGA||E||$10.22||$7.15||Yes|
|LTM4622EY#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.42mm BGA||E||$10.73||$7.51||Yes|
|LTM4622IV#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 1.82mm LGA||I||$11.23||$7.86||Yes|
|LTM4622IY#PBF||6.25mm x 6.25mm x 2.42mm BGA||I||$11.73||$8.21||Yes|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2249A||LTM4622EV Demo Board | Ultrathin Dual Step-Down μModule Regulator, 3.6V ≤ VIN ≤ 20V, Vout1/Vout2 = 3.3V/1.2V @ 2.5A||$65.00|
- General Purpose Point of Load Conversion
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Test and Debug Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTM4623 - Ultrathin 20VIN, 3A Step-Down DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC2983 - Multi-Sensor High Accuracy Digital Temperature Measurement System
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: