- Quick Start Guide
- PCB Assembly/Reflow & Packaging
- Application Notes
- Simulation Tools
- Reliability Report
- Materials Declaration & RoHS Compliance
- Purchase Demo Board
LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- Complete Standalone Dual Output Power Supply
- Dual 13A or Single 26A Output
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 16V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 2.5V
- ±1.5% Maximum Total DC Output Error
- Multiphase Current Sharing with Multiple LTM4620s Up to 100A
- Differential Remote Sense Amplifier
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Overcurrent Foldback Protection
- Frequency Synchronization
- Internal Temperature Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- SnPb or RoHS Compliant Finish
- Thermally Enhanced (15mm × 15mm × 4.41mm) LGA Package and (15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm) BGA Package
The LTM®4620 is a complete dual 13A output switching mode DC/DC power supply. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductors, and all supporting components. Operating from an input voltage range of 4.5V to 16V, the LTM4620 supports two outputs each with an output voltage range of 0.6V to 2.5V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers up to 13A continuous current for each output. Only a few input and output capacitors are needed.
The device supports frequency synchronization, multiphase operation, Burst Mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing and has an onboard temperature diode for device temperature monitoring. High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include overvoltage and overcurrent protection. The power module is offered in a proprietary space saving and thermally enhanced 15mm × 15mm × 4.41mm LGA package and 15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm BGA package, with integrated top-side heat sink. The LTM4620 is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint compatible with Mentor Graphics PADS® v9.5 or later, and Cadence ORCAD® v16.5 or later.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
15mm x 15mm x 4.41mm LGA, 15mm x 15mm x 5.01mm BGA,15mm × 15mm × 4.41mm LGA, 15mm × 15mm × 5.01mm
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1498A||LTM4620EV Demo Board | Dual 16V, 13A Step Down uModule Regulator||$65.00|
|DC1780A-A||LTM4620EV Demo Board | LTM4620 (x2) PolyPhase uModule Buck, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 16V, Vout=1.0V/1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V @ 50A||$85.00|
|DC1780A-B||LTM4620EV Demo Board | LTM4620 (x3) PolyPhase uModule Buck, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 16V, Vout=1.0V/1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V @ 75A||$105.00|
|DC1780A-C||LTM4620EV Demo Board | LTM4620 (x4) PolyPhase uModule Buck, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 16V, Vout=1.0V/1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V @ 100A||$125.00|
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Storage and ATCA Cards
- Industrial Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: